Walt Disney Imagineering’s Zach Riddley has shared that the last pieces of bunting and décor for Walt Disney World’s Cinderella Castle were placed in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the resort.
- Zach Riddley, Walt Disney World Portfolio Executive at Imagineering, shared a video showing the last bit of bunting and décor being added to Cinderella Castle for the 50th-anniversary celebration.
- Imagineers worked together with partners across Walt Disney World to get it done and it actually was finished faster than intended.
- WDI had a laser scan of the castle brought into a 3D model environment to then help creative concept designers with the sizing of décor that is now placed on the castle.
- We are now waiting for the finishing touch of the 50th-anniversary crest to be added to the center.
- EARidescent décor will also appear on the other park icons which will all transform at night to “Beacons of Magic.”
The Instagram Post Reads:
“The last bit of bunting and décor recently went up on Cinderella Castle in advance of #DisneyWorld50, and I couldn’t be more proud of our Disney Imagineers who have put in so much thought and ingenuity into the process. A small but mighty team of Imagineers and partners across @WaltDisneyWorld that have come together to create a stunning centerpiece. We can’t wait to share this with you all leading up to The Most Magical Celebration on Earth!”
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” starts October 1, 2021, at the Walt Disney World Resort.