Star Wars fans who were disappointed they’d have to wait all the way until August of 2022 for the next Star Wars Celebration event won’t have to anymore, as today Lucasfilm officially announced that the convention’s dates have been moved up from August 18-21 to May 26-29 at the Anaheim Convention Center across the street from Disneyland Resort in Southern California.
- The dates for Star Wars Celebration 2022 in Anaheim have been changed from August 18-21 to May 26-29.
- In June of 2020, that year’s Star Wars Celebration event (at that point scheduled for August 27-30, 2020) was cancelled due to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the next event’s dates were announced for August of 2022.
- Current ticket holders that wish to keep their existing tickets will have their order automatically transferred to the new event dates and will receive a new confirmation email in the coming months. If fans want to keep their tickets, no further action is required on their part.
- If a ticket holder wishes to request a refund for their 2022 ticket order, they can do so by visiting StarWarsCelebration.com. Ticket refunds requests must be submitted before June 11, 2021. All ticket holders will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to submit a refund request, if they choose to do so.
What they’re saying:
- StarWars.com: “We look forward to seeing everyone May 26-29, 2022, at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim! We can’t wait to welcome fans back safely.”
- Star Wars Celebration: “Since its inception in 1999, Star Wars Celebration has focused on bringing fans together to celebrate our shared love of all things Star Wars. As we look ahead to 2022, we are more excited than ever to welcome you back safely to the event. In order to provide the best fan experience possible, and after further consideration with our hotel and venue teams, we have made the decision to adjust the dates for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 from August 18-21 2022, to May 26-29, 2022. These new dates will provide fans with more incredible offerings to enjoy at Star Wars Celebration! We apologize for any inconvenience or impact to your plans which this change may cause.”