- Disney+ revealed that Zachary Quinto, Billy Porter, and EJ Johnson will be joining the cast of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder with a first look at their characters.
- Zachary Quinto will voice Barry Leibowitz-Jenkins and Billy Porter will voice Randall Leibowitz-Jenkins.
- The characters are mixed-race adoptive parents to 14-year-old activist Maya Leibowitz-Jenkins, played by Keke Palmer.
- EJ Johnson will voice Michael Collins, Penny’s best guy friend who is a non-conforming trendsetter serving up fierce looks at school and on the basketball court.
About the Series:
- The new animated family sitcom The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder is currently in production at Disney Television Animation with creator/executive producer Bruce W. Smith and executive producer Ralph Farquhar, who led the original series, at the helm. The series will pick up the story of its central character Penny Proud and her madcap family.
- The series is set to debut on Disney+ in 2022.
- Kyla Pratt as Penny Proud
- Tommy Davidson as Oscar Proud
- Paula Jai Parker as Trudy Proud
- Jo Marie Payton as Suga Mama
- Karen Malina White as Dijonay Jones
- Soleil Moon Frye as Zoey Howzer
- Alisa Reyes as LaCienega Boulevardez
- Cedric the Entertainer will also return as Uncle Bobby Proud
All previous seasons of The Proud Family are currently available on Disney+.