After three extensions, the popular Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic exhibit at the Bowers Museum in Orange County, California is closing on June 20th with a number of fun events to send it off to.
- With only one month remaining before the exhibition closes June 20, visitors are flocking to discover the magic behind the mouse in Bowers Museum’s featured exhibition Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic.
- On Tuesday, Orange County moved into the yellow tier, allowing museums to run at full capacity. While continuing with many of the robust health and safety precautions that have ensured the safety of guests and staff alike since Bowers reopened March 17, those seeking to experience #disneyatbowers now have a better chance at getting their tickets before they sell out.
- Upon arrival, ticket holders will walk through a 10,000-square-feet traveling exhibit featuring a dazzling display of 465 objects, including 50 pieces of original artwork, 15 original screen-worn costumes, three cars and other props that tell the story of the Archives, The Walt Disney Company, and Walt Disney himself.
- With eased restrictions for onsite outdoor events, closing weekend for this spectacular exhibition will be an all-out celebration on Friday, June 18 through Sunday, June 20 – which happens to fall on Father’s Day.
- From a film screening under the stars to a premiere lecture by the Walt Disney Archives Director, and even a tea party with the Exhibitions Manager – this closing will fill families and friends with much needed joy after a long, challenging year that included three extensions for the Disney exhibition due to the global pandemic.
- And as a special gift on Father’s Day, the Gallery Store will give out Bowers Museum Mugs to dad’s who show their proof of admission June 20, while supplies last.
Upcoming Events Related to Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic
- May 28: Outdoor Screening of Fantasia
- June 18: Outdoor Screening: Tron (1982)
- June 19: Inside the Walt Disney Archives Closing Lecture with Becky Cline
- June 20: Closing Day/Father’s Day Special Gift: Free Bowers Museum Mug for Dad with proof of Dad’s admission, while supplies last.
- June 20: Walt Disney Archives Tour & Tea Party with Robert Maxhimer
- Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic is curated by the Walt Disney Archives in conjunction with the Bowers Museum