With countless other Marvel projects on the slate, we are all quietly counting down the days until we get to see Mr. Knight join the MCU. Oscar Isaac shared an image today of himself seemingly preparing to play the role of the unique superhero.
- Isaac shared the above image of himself in front of a wall of Moon Knight reading material and Disney+ reshared the image on their Twitter account.
- Isaac will play Marc Spector, aka Moon Knight, a mercenary with multiple personalities who fights crime in an all white suit – because he wants the bad guys to see him coming.
- In addition to Spector, he operates under the names Jake Lockley and Steven Grant, as part of his personality disorder.
- The character made his first Marvel Comics appearance in 1975.
- Isaac has starred in the recent Star Wars sequels as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
- This is not Isaac’s first role in Marvel however, as he portrayed the villainous Apocalypse in then-20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Age of Apocalypse.
- Mohamed Diab, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have been tapped to direct the show.
- Diab is an Egyptian director behind the Middle Eastern drama Clash.
- Benson and Moorhead are an indie filmmaking team behind sci-fi horror movies The Endless and Synchronic.
- Showrunner Jeremy Slater was confirmed back in November, who co-wrote The Umbrella Academy for Netflix.
- Actor Ethan Hawke has also been cast in the upcoming series, though his role is currently unknown.
- Moon Knight was first announced at the D23 Expo in August 2019 along with Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.
Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight Premise:
- After a near death experience in Egypt, the Egyptian Moon God known as Khonshu saves the life of Marc Spector, granting him superhuman abilities so long as he acts as the God’s fist, taking on the super hero persona Moon Knight.