The latest episode of Disney+ Deets finds Marcellus and Kenneth taking a closer look at the convent and its cast in the early 90’s smash hit, Sister Act.
- Kenneth Brown and Marcellus Kidd (who claim to be the biggest Disney+ fans around) are diving into another film found in the expansive catalogue of the streaming service and sharing more of their favorite “deets” about the classic, Sister Act.
- The duo shares some arguably fun facts about the film while going over the plot of the movie, including some anecdotes from the cast auditions, and all of the casts’ singing abilities.
- They also discuss the costumes in the movie, including how the cast had some difficulties with their range of movement, say in dancing scenes, while wearing the traditional nun robes, or in Whoopi’s case, the jeans she had hiding underneath.
- Originally released in 1992, Sister Act is a comedy starring Disney Legend Whoopi Goldberg as a lounge singer from Reno who witnesses a murder by her mob-boss boyfriend and is forced to join a convent as detectives try to hide her as she is their star witness. While in the convent, she takes over the church choir, leading them to great success and even a visit by the pope. The film also stars Maggie Smith (The Harry Potter Franchise, Hook), Kathy Najimy (Hocus Pocus), Mary Wickes, Wendy Makkena, and Harvey Keitel.
- The movie was one of the more successful films of the 90’s, spawning a sequel, Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, as well as a musical adaptation. In late 2020, it was also announced that Sister Act 3 would be soon going into production and become an original offering coming straight to Disney+.
- Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit are now streaming on Disney+.