Hyundai and Disney are teaming up for a new advertising pact that sees the automaker’s product promoted by characters from hit ABC shows, ESPN personalities and soon, Marvel characters, according to Variety.
- The Walt Disney Company and Hyundai have agreed to a deal that will see some of their characters promoting Hyundai’s cars.
- A new commercial will debut tonight during the premiere of The Bachelorette on ABC.
- The new commercial features characters from ABC’s Black-ish, SportsCenter anchor John Buccigross and the bachelorette herself, Tayshia Adams.
- You can watch the commercial below:
- Eventually, Marvel characters will be popping up in Hyundai ads like this one, with Marvel Studios managing their own characters.
- This will mark the first time Marvel and Disney’s media networks have teamed up for this kind of cross-divisional ad-package.
- Hyundai will eventually be featured in 12 commercials including Disney properties as well as dozens of pieces for digital and social uses.
What they’re saying:
- Angela Zepeda, chief marketing officer of Hyundai Motor America: “We think we have a best-in-class vehicle that we think is going to turn some heads. We wanted to make sure all of America saw it. Making that emotional connection with the consumers is important when they are watching shows they love. We hope this gives us a boost when people are leaning in and really paying attention and are not only entertained, but also take something away about this all-new vehicle.”