Pixar has taken to Twitter to share some concept art with everyone from the upcoming Turning Red that was revealed recently at the Annecy Festival.
- On the heels of the debut of Luca over the weekend to all subscribers of Disney+, Pixar has shared a new piece of concept art from the next film from the animation studio, Turning Red.
- The art was unveiled at this year’s Annecy Festival and showcases a red panda walking through what appears to be a high school hallway.
- In Turning Red, Mei Lee is a confident, dorky, 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. And as if changes to her interests, relationships, and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which for a teenager is practically ALWAYS), she “poofs” into a giant red panda! Turning Red is directed by Academy Award-Winner Domee Shi (Bao), and produced by Lindsey Collins.
- At the Annecy Festival, Pixar’s Head of Production Jonas Rivera welcomed director Domee Shi and producer Lindsey Collins to talk about their film, with Domee explaining that after her debut short Bao, she still had a lot to unpack about her relationship with her mother.
- Turning Red is set to debut in theaters on March 11th, 2022.