After a year of virtual events, runDisney has announced they are bringing back in-person races to Walt Disney World! This November, the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will kick off the 2021/2022 season which includes the WDW Marathon, Disney Princess Half Marathon as well as a new Spring Surprise event.
- At long last, runDisney has announced its triumphant return! The fan favorite events will once again be offered in person starting with the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in November.
- runDisney will also continue to offer virtual versions of the races as well so fans who might not be able to travel to Walt Disney World can still enjoy the fun.
- runDisney shared the news this morning on their website as well as emailing fans who subscribe to their newsletters.
- Along with the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney is also bringing back in-person races for:
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will open to guests in three phases:
- Club runDisney (Gold & Platinum) – July 6, 2021 at 10am ET
- General Registration for In-Person Races – July 13, 2021 at 10am ET
- General Registration for Virtual Races – July 16, 2021 at 10amET
- For answers to frequently asked questions, guests can visit the runDisney FAQ page.
Good to Know:
- It’s so exciting that in-person events are returning, but some new guidelines will be in place that might be different than racers are used to.
- Disney notes they may not be quite ready to bring back every element of a runDisney race weekend and that COVID-19 guidelines may change before the return to in-person running.
- Guests can stay up to date on the latest changes by visiting runDisney.com and checking the Digital Event Guide for the race weekends.
- Runner Experience:
- Day-of-race bib pickup will not be available. Participants will need to pick up their race bib and participant shirt before the day of their race.
- runDisney races will continue to feature on-course entertainment for our participants, however this may look different than past races.
- Kids Events:
- runDisney Kids Adventures—a new Disney Kids experience—is currently in development and will replace the runDisney Kids Races.
- More information will be announced closer to the event.
- The spectator experience continues to be evaluated. Please check back closer to the event for more details.