As Disney remains committed to fostering an environment of inclusion, Disney Parks will shift from using “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls” in their greetings and announcements to titles that apply to all guests.
- For guests who’ve visited the Disney Parks in the last few days, they’ve likely noticed a new greeting welcoming them to the Happiest and Most Magical Place on Earth.
- Today, Good Morning America reported on the greeting change as Disney has made the decision to use a new inclusive message to address guests.
- Previously, opening ceremony and entertainment shows like fireworks started with “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.” Now greetings such as the Happily Ever After fireworks at Magic Kingdom will start with “Good evening Dreamers of all ages.”
- Earlier this year, Tokyo Disney Resort updated their English greetings and announcements to say “hello, everyone.”
- As stated above, these changes come as the Walt Disney Company is working to create an inclusive environment for all guests.
What They’re Saying:
- Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Josh D’Amaro: “We want our guests to see their own backgrounds and traditions reflected in the stories, experiences and products they encounter in their interactions with Disney. Inclusion is essential to our culture and leads us forward as we continue to realize our rich legacy of engaging storytelling, exceptional service, and Disney magic.”