While at Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom, Disneyland Park, earlier today, we noticed that one of the more timeless attractions at the park, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, was welcoming guests to the classic Audio-Animatronics presentation.
- We were at the Disneyland Resort earlier today to kick off the holiday weekend by checking out what’s going on at Disneyland and the newly reopened Disneyland Hotel.
- During our livestream (which you can watch here or at the bottom of the page) we walked past the Main Street Opera House and realized the doors were open, possibly for the first time since the park reopened after being closed due to the Global Pandemic.
- Not only does the Main Street Opera House offer an exhibit celebrating the history of Disneyland, it’s also home to one of four original attractions relocated from the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
- While exploring the lobby, our very own Mike Celestino asked a Cast Member if Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was showing, and much to the surprise of everyone watching, the Cast Member informed Mike that yes the show was running, and was offering presentations every 20 minutes.
- According to the official Disneyland Website, “The show starts with a moving film about President Lincoln’s life, from the humble log cabin of his birth all the way to the White House. Then watch in wonder as he takes center stage to deliver highlights from his greatest speeches.”
- Walt Disney was very fond of Abraham Lincoln, and chose the 16th president’s likeness to be the first Human displayed as an Audio-Animatronic. When it debuted in 1964, National Geographic reportedly said the figure was “alarming” in its realism. Over the years, Mr. Lincoln has been updated with newer, next-gen Audio Animatronics technology, keeping him presented as realistically as possible.
- You can watch our full stream from today’s visit to the Disneyland Resort below!