Fans of the Descendants series on Disney Channel have been looking forward to the big day that Disney Channel has revealed is mere weeks away, the royal wedding of Mal and Ben!
- Descendants fans are gathering together for the big day, and Mal and Ben are finally getting their happily ever after…or are they?
- Disney Channel has released the trailer and announced that Descendants: The Royal Wedding is coming Friday, August 13th.
- Descendants: The Royal Wedding is an animated special that invites viewers to Auradon’s epic social event—Mal and King Ben’s wedding— and will premiere this August on Disney Channel. Descendants, Descendants 2 and Descendants 3 rank as the #1 cable movie among kids and tweens for 2015, 2017 and 2019, respectively. All three Descendants soundtracks reached #1 on the Billboard Soundtrack chart, and the Descendants and Descendants 2 soundtracks are gold-certified.
- Reprising their popular roles are Dove Cameron as Mal, Sofia Carson as Evie, Booboo Stewart as Jay, Mitchell Hope as Ben, Sarah Jeffery as Audrey, Melanie Paxson as Fairy Godmother, China Anne McClain as Uma, Jedidiah Goodacre as Chad, Anna Cathcart as Dizzy, Dan Payne as Beast, Bobby Moynihan as Dude the Dog and Cheyenne Jackson as Hades.
- The absence of the character Carlos, played by the late Cameron Boyce, will be acknowledged in the storyline and Boyce’s memory will be honored in the telecast.
What They’re Saying:
- Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Branded Television: “‘Descendants introduced a fantasy world of stories and characters anchored in Disney mythology. For the past six years, it captivated young viewers and grew to become among Disney Channel’s biggest entertainment franchises ever. It had the benefit of immensely talented stars, who we now welcome back for this animated Royal Wedding special that will bridge the audience to what we hope will be a new chapter of compelling Descendants stories and characters yet to come.”