Actor Cameron Boyce’s death has been confirmed as a “sudden unexpected death in epilepsy” according to ABC News.
- On Tuesday, the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner – Coroner autopsy report was released stating that Boyce’s death was due to natural causes from his disease.
- According to reports, on July 6, Boyce had a seizure in his sleep related to an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated.
- A spokesperson for the family said the actor suffered from epilepsy and that the medical condition is what caused his death.
- Boyce was just 20 years old and was best known to fans for his starring role as Carlos in Disney Channel’s Descendants movies.
- The young actor can be seen in the upcoming Descendants 3 which airs on Disney Channel on August 2. The movie will be dedicated to Boyce.
- In addition to his Descendants role, Boyce’s film credits include:
- Grown Ups
- Grown Ups 2
- Eagle Eye
- He also starred in Disney Channel’s Jessie, and the upcoming HBO series, Mrs. Fletcher.
- Boyce touched the hearts of many, and following the news of his passing, friends and costars expressed condolences on Instagram and Twitter:
the director of descendants, kenny ortega, has confirmed the passing of cameron boyce pic.twitter.com/t8dkAYBB4p
— 𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐨𝐰𝐨𝐨 (@ROBINSBVCKLEY) July 7, 2019
The Walt Disney Company mourns the loss of #CameronBoyce, who was a friend to so many of us, and filled with so much talent, heart and life, and far too young to die. Our prayers go out to his family and his friends.
— Robert Iger (@RobertIger) July 7, 2019
Rest in peace dear friend, you’ll be in our hearts forever 💔 pic.twitter.com/T924ONXj2y
— Disney Channel (@DisneyChannel) July 7, 2019
View this post on Instagram
part of the pain of the incredible grief we are all experiencing after the loss of cameron, is this communal sense of heartbreak over all the good he has done, and all the good he was planning to do. we truly lost one of the worlds best souls. but, if there is any beauty in any of this, we will find it in picking up where cameron left off. please donate to The Cameron Boyce foundation, if you haven’t already. if cam ever touched your heart, the link is in my bio. this is how we keep him alive. this is how we feel him every day, in everything we do.
View this post on Instagram
To our angel, There are not enough words. There will never be enough words. I couldn’t bring myself to do this because doing this makes it real. Letting you go is not something I know how to do. And I just can’t fathom living in a world without you. I love you, Cam. And I will love you. Forever.
What they’re saying:
- Family statement: "He was an incredibly talented performer, a remarkably caring and thoughtful person and, above all else, he was a loving and dedicated son, brother, grandson and friend. We offer our deepest condolences to his family, castmates and colleagues and join his many millions of fans in grieving his untimely passing. He will be dearly missed."