Marvel Studios’ Black Widow is off to a strong start at the box office as it makes its debut this weekend. Domestically, the long-awaited film has set a Thursday night preview record for the year and for any film since the start of the pandemic with $13.2 million. It opens in over 4,100 theaters across the U.S. and Canada today.
- Black Widow began its international rollout on Wednesday in nearly a dozen material markets including the UK, France, and Italy, expanding to 30 more yesterday and earning $22.4 million in its first two days of release.
- It opens today in Spain, Poland, and Turkey and will be open day-and-date in most markets around the world with the exception of China as well as some markets currently impacted by pandemic closures (including Southeast Asia, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Taiwan, India, and parts of Australia).
- Everywhere, the film is enjoying enthusiastic responses from audiences, including a 94% RottenTomatoes Audience Score complementing the 81% Certified Fresh Critics Score.
- Black Widow is now playing in theaters worldwide and on Disney+ with Premier Access where available.
About Black Widow:
- “Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.”
- Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian, and Rachel Weisz is Melina.
- The feature film is directed by Cate Shortland and produced by Kevin Feige.
- You can check out Ben’s review of Marvel’s Black Widow here.
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha/Black Widow
- Florence Pugh as Yelena
- David Harbour as Alexei/The Red Guardian
- Rachel Weisz as Melina