Disney Parks Blog has announced that Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto will be reopening today, July 19, at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Walt Disney World Guests can finally celebrate as Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto reopens today, July 19, at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- The location will open starting at 3:00 pm till midnight with all Guests being welcomed till 8:00 pm, when it then turns to 21 and older only.
- Guests heading to the resort can also check out a new DOLE Whip inspired by Moana for DOLE Whip Day at Pineapple Lanai for a limited time from now through July 21.
- The DOLE Whip has raspberry swirled with orange in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone coated with gold sugar.
- With the reopening of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Guests will also be able to enjoy the newly reimagined rooms inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film Moana starting today.
- As the resort reopens, the temporary front desk area at Pago Pago will close, and front desk and concierge services will move back to the Great Ceremonial House. Disney’s Magical Express and valet will be available under the new porte-cochere.
- It should be noted that while most of the resort areas and amenities will be available, the renovation of the monorail station continues and monorail service to and from the resort remains temporarily unavailable. The front entrance to the Great Ceremonial House will also open at a later date, and Cast Members will be available to assist Guests in accessing the side entrance to the Great Ceremonial House in the meantime.