- In an interview with Variety, Marvel Studios Executive VP of Film Production, Victoria Alonso, shared that the studio has more animated content in the pipeline.
- August 11th marks the launch of What If…?, Marvel Studios’ first animated series, which shows alternate versions of moments from the MCU.
- In the interview, Victoria Alonso is quoted as saying: “We’re going to have our animation branch and mini studio, and there will be more to come from that as well.”
- Alonso, who also executive produced the Disney+ live-action series WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier didn’t give any additional details as to what other MCU animated projects may be in development.
- As a company, Marvel Comics has been involved in television animation since the 1960’s, getting into the production side of the business in the 1980’s, which led to their partnership with Saban Entertainment that yielded the 1990’s X-Men animated series and Spider-Man.
- Marvel Entertainment still produces television animation content, most recently on the DisneyXD Marvel’s Spider-Man animated series, but this new “Mini” studio falls under the Marvel Studios leadership team.