The stars of Disney’s Jungle Cruise drifted on over to Disneyland tonight for a Red Carpet event and the world premiere of the new film. Disney Parks shared a live stream of the event for those who could not be in attendance.
- The event opened with a burst of excitement from some Jungle Cruise skippers and a check-in with Disneyland Resort Ambassador Justin Rapp.
- We then got a special ride on the Jungle Cruise attractions around the world with skippers from Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- We also got a look at the recently updated Jungle Cruise attraction at Disneyland while hearing about some of the history behind it as well.
- Next, we heard from Disney’s Animal, Science and Environment about some of the animals featured in the Jungle Cruise attraction, many of which can also be found at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We then got a look at the Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen over at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- We also got a look at the original attraction with a 1956 tour.
- Finally, we got to hear from the stars of the film, Jack Whitehall, Edgar Ramirez, Philipp Maximillian, Veronica Falcon, Emily Blunt and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- Johnson and Blunt actually showed up on one of the Jungle Cruise boats, much to the delight of the crowd in attendance.
- The chemistry between the two stars was very evident in the brief time we got to see them during this livestream.
- Johnson also joked about getting stuck in a teacup as his favorite Disneyland memory and Blunt got to talk about riding the Jungle Cruise for the very first time today.
About Disney’s Jungle Cruise:
- “Join fan favorites Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt for the adventure of a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. Lily travels from London, England to the Amazon jungle and enlists Frank’s questionable services to guide her downriver on La Quila—his ramshackle-but-charming boat. Lily is determined to uncover an ancient tree with unparalleled healing abilities—possessing the power to change the future of medicine. Thrust on this epic quest together, the unlikely duo encounters innumerable dangers and supernatural forces, all lurking in the deceptive beauty of the lush rainforest. But as the secrets of the lost tree unfold, the stakes reach even higher for Lily and Frank and their fate—and mankind’s—hangs in the balance.”
- You can learn more about the movie by reading Tony’s preview article.
Disney’s Jungle Cruise hits theaters and Disney+ Premier Access on July 30.