- Amanda Barclay served as Executive Director, Comedy Development at ABC Signature Studios.
- She will now be leaving the company in favor of Netflix, where she will serve as Director of Original Series, Comedy, where she will work under Tracey Pakosta.
- She will be replacing Robert Prinz, who will be leaving Netflix.
About Amanda Barclay:
- Barclay joined ABC Signature as Executive Director, Comedy Development in 2020.
- She set up development at Hulu, FX, Freeform and ABC and also covered several ABC pilots, included:
- Black Don’t Crack
- Home Economics
- Prior to her time at ABC Signature, Barclay served as an executive at YouTube Premium where she shepherded several series, including the second and third seasons of Cobra Kai.
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- Grace Parra Janney and Josh Bycel (Solar Opposites) are developing a single-camera comedy for ABC that is inspired by Grace’s large Mexican-American family.
- ABC’s hit game show revival To Tell the Truth is back with a brand-new episode this Sunday, July 25th, and we’ve got an exclusive clip to get you hyped.
- ABC has announced a new series — Superstar, coming from the producers of 20/20 and Truth and Lies, featuring rare footage and details about those who shaped American culture.