Deadline has reported that Searchlight Pictures’ Empire of Light has tapped Michael Ward to join Olivia Colman in the upcoming film.
- Deadline has reported that Michael Ward (Top Boy, Blue Story) will co-star with Oliva Colman in the upcoming film Empire of Light.
- The film, directed and written by Sam Mendes, is said to be a love story set around an old cinema on the South Coast of England in the 1980s.
- Production on Empire of Light will begin in the fall of 2022 and will mark the first film by Sam Mendes since his Oscar nominated 1917.
- Mendes will pair up once again with Cinematographer Roger Deakins, who won an Oscar for his work on the film 1917.
- Mendes’ last film was a hit at the box office grossing $384 million at the worldwide box office, including $159 million domestic, and also garnered 10 Oscar nominations, including one for Mendes.