Disney Channel has announced that J.R. Villarreal has been cast as Cruz de la Vega in the comedy series (which now has a new name) Ultra Violet & Black Scorpion.
- Disney Channel has announced that J.R. Villarreal (Akeela and the Bee) has been cast in the new series Ultra Violet & Black Scorpion, which has had a name change from Ultra Violet & Blue Demon.
- J.R. Villarreal will play Cruz de la Vega, a luchador wrestling coach with a secret superhero identity, “Black Scorpion.”
- The series was set to star legendary luchador and professional wrestler Blue Demon Jr. playing a version of himself, but with the news of the new title, it seems that some changes have been made.
- The series stars Scarlett Estevez (BUNK’D) as Violet Rodriguez, a Latinx teenager who is chosen by a magical luchador mask to be a superhero, like her uncle, Black Scorpion.
- The series also stars:
- Marianna Burelli as Violet’s mother, Nina
- Juan Alfonso as Violet’s father, Juan Carlos
- Brandon Rossel as Violet’s brother, Santiago
- Zelia Ankrum as Violet’s best friend, Maya Miller-Martinez
- Bryan Blanco as Violet’s classmate, Luis León.