Aubrey Plaza is set to star and produce in a pilot for Hulu based on an unreleased novel, Olga Dies Dreaming, according to Variety..
- Aubrey Plaza is reportedly set to star in the Hulu drama pilot Olga Dies Dreaming, a show ordered to pilot at the streamer back in April.
- Olga Dies Dreaming will reportedly tell the story of a Nuyorican brother and sister (played by Plaza) from a gentrifying Sunset Park, Brooklyn, reckoning with the absent, politically radical mother and their glittering careers among New York City’s elite in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
- Plaza will play the title role of Olga, a renowned wedding planner whose surface successes mask a darker interior. For Olga, the pursuit of perfection has become a compulsive survival mechanism as she tries to climb as far from her past as she can. Still, she can’t shake the feeling that the important people she knows don’t see her as their equals and this nagging sense that her success is an illusion always leaves her wanting more.
- Along with the character of Olga, Plaza will also star as the the main character (in voice only) on the upcoming FX animated series, Little Demon, where she will star alongside Danny and Lucy DeVito.
- Plaza is probably best known for her TV roles, including that of April Ludgate in the popular NBC series, Parks and Recreation, as well as FX’s Legion, as Lenny Busker. She has also appeared in numerous films, including Safety Not Guaranteed, Ingrid Goes West, Happiest Season, and as the voice of Claire in Monsters University.
- Olga Dies Dreaming is based on an unreleased (as of yet) novel by Xóchitl Gonzalez. Gonzalez will reportedly be writing and executive producing the pilot. Aubrey Plaza will also produce in addition to starring. Disney-Owned 20th Television will be the studio responsible for the production.