Disney+ has announced that Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. will be premiering on September 8, with new episodes every Wednesday.
- Following the first look at the series earlier, Disney+ has shared key art, the opening title sequence, and a release date for Doogie Kameāloha, M.D., a reimagining of the 1989-1993 ABC series Doogie Howser, M.D.
- The series is from writer and producer Kourtney Kang (Fresh Off the Boat, How I Met Your Mother) and follows 16-year-old Lahela "Doogie" Kameāloha played by Peyton Elizabeth Lee, who struggles to balance her personal and professional life.
- The series’ title sequence features a new rendition of the Doogie Howser, M.D. theme song performed by Wendy Wang and world-renown ukulele player Jake Shimabukuro.
- “Set in modern-day Hawaii, the 10-episode comedy follows Lahela “Doogie” Kameāloha, a mixed-race 16-year-old girl, juggling a budding medical career and life as a teenager. Guiding Lahela (and also complicating things) is her family, including her spit-fire Irish mother who’s also her supervisor at the hospital, and her Hawaiian “Local Boy” father struggling to accept that his daughter is no longer his little girl.”
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee (Andi Mack) as Lahela “Doogie” Kameāloha
- Kathleen Rose Perkins (Big Shot) as Dr. Clara Hannon
- Jason Scott Lee (Mulan) as Benny Kamealoha
- Matthew Sato (Hawaii Five-O) as Kai Kamealoha
- Wes Tian as Brian Patrick Kamealoha
- Emma Meisel (American Horror Story) as Steph
- Mapuana Makia (Finding 'Ohana) as Noelani
- Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (UnREAL) as Charles
- Recurring stars include Alex Aiono (Finding 'Ohana) as Walter and Ronny Chieng (Crazy Rich Asians) as Dr. Lee.
Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. premieres on Disney+ on September 8.