Disney+ has announced that the new original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a new Home Alone adventure, will be coming on November 12.
- Home Sweet Home Alone, a new original movie from the Home Alone franchise, will be coming to Disney+ on November 12, 2021 from 20th Century Studios.
- The film, directed by Dan Mazer (Dirty Grandpa), will follow Max Mercer who has been left behind while his family is in Japan for the holidays.
- Back in 2019, Bob Iger teased that Disney would be reimagining 20th Century Studios’ films for Disney+, including one for Home Alone. Casting news had then started to appear in December of 2019.
- Home Sweet Home Alone stars Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Rob Delaney (Deadpool 2), Archie Yates (Jojo Rabbit), Aisling Bea (Living with Yourself), Kenan Thompson (Saturday Night Live), Tim Simons (Veep), Pete Holmes (The Secret Life of Pets 2), Devin Ratray (Home Alone), Ally Maki (Toy Story 4), and Chris Parnell (Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues).
About the Film:
- “Max Mercer is a mischievous and resourceful young boy who has been left behind while his family is in Japan for the holidays. So when a married couple attempting to retrieve a priceless heirloom set their sights on the Mercer family’s home, it is up to Max to protect it from the trespassers…and he will do whatever it takes to keep them out. Hilarious hijinks of epic proportions ensue, but despite the absolute chaos, Max comes to realize that there really is no place like home sweet home.”
- The screenplay is by Mikey Day & Streeter Seidell (Saturday Night Live), story by Mikey Day & Streeter Seidell and John Hughes (Home Alone) based on a screenplay by John Hughes.
- Hutch Parker (X-Men: Dark Phoenix) and Dan Wilson (Patriots Day) serve as producers, with Jeremiah Samuels (Stuber) serving as executive producer.
Home Sweet Home Alone comes to Disney+ on November 12, 2021.