The madness of the Darkhold will be unleashed on the Marvel Universe this fall beginning in “Darkhold Alpha #1.” In this highly anticipated mystical saga, five heroes – Iron Man, Blade, Wasp, Black Bolt, and Spider-Man – will be recruited by Scarlet Witch to travel to Chthon’s dimension to stop him before he can invade Earth. But in order to survive there, each hero must first read from the Darkhold and let themselves be driven insane, leading to twisted new versions of themselves!
- These mind-melting adventures will unfold over a series of exciting character-focused one-shots including November’s “Darkhold: Wasp” and “Darkhold: Black Bolt.”
- Renowned colorist and writer Jordie Bellaire makes her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside rising star artist Claire Roe for a story that will make you shrink in fear in “Darkhold: Wasp.”
- Scarlet Witch chose Janet Van Dyne for her ingenuity and strength, will she prove to be the lynchpin in the coming battle against Chthon or will she be consumed by darkness? After reading the Darkhold, Wasp’s entire life is subject to question but she has the power to reclaim her story…and fight back.
- Critically acclaimed writer Mark Russell teams up with sensational artist David Cutler to brings you a scream-worthy story that will break an empire in “Darkhold: Black Bolt.”
- Black Bolt’s mighty voice is his greatest gift…and since childhood, it has been his greatest curse. Black Bolt thought he was signing up for a battle befitting a king but after reading from the Darkhold, he’ll discover the true battlefield will be his own mind.
- Check out the covers for “Darkhold: Wasp” and “Darkhold: Black Bolt” above, as well as Cian Tormey’s new “defiled designs” of the two characters below.
- You can enter the Darkhold if you dare when this strange and terrifying saga begins in September.
What they’re saying:
- Writer Mark Russell: “As a writer, it's a joy to get to write a character who spends even more time inside their own head than you do. So Black Bolt is a writer's dream character and when I heard which other creators were involved with the series, I was totally on board, like someone who'd unwittingly bought a house in a really great neighborhood.”