This Halloween season, Disney is inviting everyone to dress up as their favorite characters as they unveil new additions to their lineup of Adaptive Costumes. Fans who use wheelchairs or have accessibility needs can participate in the Disney Halloween magic with heroic costumes from their favorite franchises including Black Panther and The Mandalorian.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Disney has announced the addition of all new Adaptive Roleplay kid’s costumes and wheelchair cover sets to the previously available assortment that launched last year.
- Joining the assortment are the new:
- The collection that debuted last was created in collaboration with Disguise and featured:
- Adaptive costumes are made with unique features that allow fans who use wheelchairs and have other accessibility needs to transform into some of their favorite Disney characters!
Essential Elements for Adaptive Costumes:
- The costumes are designed with stretch fabric that opens in the back for front entry only to allow for more accessible dressing.
- The adaptive line is open in the rear and has longer length inseams for wheelchair-friendly wear. The costumes also have flap openings on the front center with self-stick fabric closure to accommodate tube access.
- The wheelchair cover sets fit most standard wheelchairs with 24-inch wheels and come with supportive plastic piping pieces for added stability and long self-stick fabric strips to help keep the pieces in place.
- It is advised that the wheelchair is operated by a helper when the cover set is attached.
What They’re Saying:
- Stephanie Young, president of Consumer Products, Games and Publishing: "I'm thrilled that through the expansion of our Adaptive Roleplay collection, we can further connect our iconic franchises with fans and families worldwide through thoughtful design that allows everyone to take part in their favorite stories and worlds—from Marvel Studios’ Black Panther to Star Wars: The Mandalorian. With today's announcement, we're better able to meet the needs of more of our Guests, and we're excited to see this inspired collection continue to grow."
More Halloween Costumes and Apparel:
- Earlier this month, shopDisney unveiled their first collection of Halloween costumes! We discussed some of the new looks available on Barely Necessities including the return of Adaptive Costumes:
- Disney Fans of all ages can visit shopDisney to check out the 2021 lineup including costumes for adults, kids and pets.
- With the season just weeks away, the Disney Parks Blog has unveiled a lineup of Halloween clothing, collectibles and more available now and coming soon to Disneyland, Walt Disney World and shopDisney.