Update: Added photos of the building as of August 17, 2021.
- Scott Gustin reported on Twitter that the Walt Disney World Resort’s short-lived NBA Experience will not reopen and is now permanently closed.
BREAKING: The NBA Experience at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World will not reopen and is permanently closed. pic.twitter.com/c4fZOXNHMh
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) August 16, 2021
- The location first opened on August 12, 2019 but was soon given various changes to increase traffic to the building such as becoming a location for stroller rentals. The NBA Experience then closed in early 2020 due to the pandemic along with the entire resort, but never reopened.
- Walt Disney World has now stated that the location will remain permanently closed and will announce future plans for the location at a later date.
- The closure will not impact their partnership with the NBA nor the Orlando Magic.
- The NBA Experience featured 13 interactive elements and activities such as a dunk challenge, dribble challenge, and more.
- If you’re interested in learning more about what the location offered, check out Mack’s review.
- Jeremiah went by the now permanently closed NBA Experience to see what the building looks like a day after closure, with signs removed.