Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has announced that Riri Williams, the featured character in the upcoming Ironheart series will first be introduced to fans in the upcoming feature film Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
- In an interview with Comicbook.com, Feige had the following to say about Riri Wiliiams’ MCU debut:
- "We're shooting Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, right now, and the character of Riri Williams, you will meet in Black Panther 2 first. She started shooting, I think, this week before her Ironheart series."
- It appears the popular Iron Man-like character will be heading to Wakanda before we get to see her own story unfold.
- Ironheart will consist of six episodes and production on the new series is set to begin in May.
- Dominique Thorne is set to star in the series as Riri Williams, a brilliant teenaged inventor who create’s her own Iron Man suit.
- Riri made her Marvel Comics debut in 2016 and has since become a fan-favorite.
- Marvel has tapped Chinaka Hodge as its head writer for the upcoming series.
- Ironheart was one of the many new Marvel projects announced during the Disney Investor Day event back in December.
About Black Panther: Wakanda Forever:
- “Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the incomparable world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film.”
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is set to hit theaters on July 8, 2022.