Marvel Comics continues its tradition to uplift and spotlight Indigenous and First Nations creators and characters in “Marvel’s Voices: Heritage #1” this November. The all-new anthology will feature rising and renowned talent from Indigenous communities as they each tell new stories surrounding some of Marvel’s most iconic and beloved characters.
- Now in its second year, Marvel’s Voices continues to expand and feature the work and lived experiences of Marvel creators and fans, painting the full picture of Marvel’s ever-evolving universe and showcasing how much Marvel truly reflects the world outside our windows.
- “Marvel’s Voices: Heritage #1” will turn the spotlight to new and established Indigenous writers and artists, including talents who contributed to the first “Marvel’s Voices: Indigenous Voices” title last year.
- These creators will come together for a series of short stories diving into the past, present, and future of the Marvel Universe.
- Get the full story behind River, the mysterious stranger from the pages of New York Times bestselling author Rebecca Roanhorse’s new ECHO series
- Discover Snowguard’s greatest hopes and fears in a tale by celebrated filmmaker and Snowguard co-creator Nyla Innuksuk
- Enjoy astounding artwork from returning pencilers David Cutler and Jim Terry
- Look out for future announcements with brand-new talent making their Marvel Comics debuts
- Plus, purépecha artist Maria Wolf, who made a splash with her first Marvel cover last year, returns for a whole line of variants celebrating Indigenous characters!
- “Marvel’s Voices: Heritage #1” is the latest title announced from the critically acclaimed line of work from the Marvel’s Voices publishing program, which includes titles spotlighting Black, Asian, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, Latino and Latinx creators and characters inspired by the communities and culture surrounding them. Be sure to check out next week’s highly anticipated release of “Marvel’s Voices: Identity #1”, spotlighting Marvel’s legendary Asian heroes and creators, on Wednesday, August 25th!