In celebration of World Princess Week, The Walt Disney Company in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) is bringing magic to hospitalized children in the region with a special Disney Princess adventure pack. Disney and their partners created 45,000 packs that feature activities, stories, and more featuring beloved Princesses who value courage and kindness.
- Disney’s multi-year Ultimate Princess Celebration is going on now and as part of the campaign, they’re hosting their first ever World Princess Week (August 23-29).
- The Walt Disney Company in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) has joined the World Princess Week celebration by creating 45,000 Disney Princess adventure packs to be distributed to isolated and seriously ill children in hospitals and places of care across the region.
- The Princess-themed adventure packs were created in conjunction with Disney’s charitable partner MediCinema and feature activities designed to help the child cope with their individual situation.
- Those who receive the Princess packs will discover new stories for Rapunzel, Moana and Ariel, as well as arts and crafts activities and a gift.
- Each pack will also include a QR code and links to eBooks so children can continue their “Princess Journey” creating a series of Moments That Matter.
- The main packs include:
- Adventure Pack
- Meaningful Storytelling
- Engaging Copy
- To help bring this vision to life, Disney worked with illustrator and paper artist Nathanna Érica who created this limited-edition artwork to inspire courage and kindness—qualities that can be found in each Disney Princess.
- Nathanna is also one of the artists who worked on Disney’s digital Tales of Courage and Kindness Story Collection that launched along with the Ultimate Princess Celebration.
What They’re Saying:
- Sara Hanson, Disney EMEA’s Director of Enterprise Social Responsibility: “Through our long-standing hospital and charity partners, we know how important it is to help build children’s emotional resilience when they are isolated or seriously-ill. Through our unparalleled storytelling and much-loved characters we are committed to creating Moments That Matter for children and young people when they need it the most.”
- Michele, hospital playworker (Evelina Children’s Hospital): “Wow the packs are stunning! The artwork is beautiful and you can see all the care and thought that has gone into them to make sure they have a real positive impact on the children. We know these really do make such a difference to our children at times of anxiety and stress and can help inspire them, feel strong and shine. I really can’t wait for the messages of kindness and courage to spread through the wards all week and bring everyone together – staff as well as the children and families! It’s going to be so special.”