Guests aboard the Disney Wish can not only experience the first Disney attraction at Sea, the AquaMouse, but they can also experience a second adventure aboard the same water attraction!
- When the AquaMouse was first introduced several months ago as part of the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, the Disney Wish, we learned details about the ride’s original show, “Scuba Scramble.” Inspired by The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse shorts, “Scuba Scramble” will immerse guests in a hilarious underwater adventure with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse through show scenes and special effects.
- But wait! There’s more! Today, we have just learned that AquaMouse will have not only “Scuba Scramble,” but a second experience on the same water ride, titled “Swiss Meltdown.”
- Mickey and Minnie will invite you on a mountain sledding excursion that will inevitably (and hilariously) go awry. When the sun comes out and the snow begins to melt, you’ll be off on a frantic dash to the mountaintop while trying to avoid obstacles like avalanches, leaky rock walls and waterfalls.
- The story is inspired by one of the Emmy Award-winning Mickey Mouse shorts, “Yodelberg,” and composer Christopher Willis adapted his iconic score from the episode for the attraction.
- There are many fun Disney easter eggs to catch during a ride on AquaMouse, such as an appearance by the abominable snowman from the Disneyland attraction, Matterhorn Bobsleds. One of my favorite details is that Chip and Dale are hiding in each show, hitchhiking their way to Disney’s private island of Castaway Cay. Good luck trying to spot them amid the 60-plus water blasters, misters and pop jets that you’ll encounter along the way!
- How do guests know which experience they’ll get aboard the AquaMouse? Posters (pictured on this page) will be displayed letting guests know which adventure is being featured on each day of their voyage.
- The AquaMouse can be experienced aboard the Disney Wish when it sets sail in summer of 2022.