- During last year’s Investor Day, Disney announced that an all-new animated adaptation of the popular children’s book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, would be coming to Disney+.
- Today, Disney+ has shared a sneak peek of the movie with a poster reveal and a release date of December 3, 2021.
- No further details were given at this time, but we can expect to see a trailer soon with the movie coming out in just a few months.
- The book series, written by Jeff Kinney, follows Greg Heffley who shares stories and drawings about his daily life in middle school in a diary.
About the Film:
- “Greg Heffley is a scrawny but ambitious kid with an active imagination and big plans to be rich and famous – he just has to survive middle school first. To make matters worse, Greg’s lovable best friend Rowley seems to coast through life and succeed at everything without even trying! As details of his hilarious – and often disastrous – attempts to fit in fill the pages of his journal, Greg learns to appreciate true friends and the satisfaction that comes from standing up for what is right.”
- Directed by Swinton Scott (Futurama) and written and produced by Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid features the voices of Brady Noon (The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers), Ethan William Childress (mixed-ish) and Chris Diamantopoulos (Mickey Mouse).