Disney will be raising the price of Hulu’s baseline packages in October, increasing the ad and non-ad services by $1 starting next month.
- Variety has reported that the cost of Hulu will be going up for those who use the service as standalone and not as part of a bundle.
- Hulu’s ad and non-ad services will be going up by $1 to $11.99 and $12.99 starting on October 8, 2021.
- The change won’t impact the pricing for Hulu + Live TV plans nor the Disney Bundle plan, giving streamers another reason to go for the bundle which can be purchased for $13.99 with ads on Hulu and $19.99 without ads on Hulu, but gives customers the addition of Disney+ and ESPN+.
More Hulu News:
- Hulu’s content has been doing great recently with Vacation Friends becoming the most watched original film in its 3-day opening weekend on Hulu, and a sequel is now in the works bringing back the main cast.
- Nine Perfect Strangers broke the record of the most-watched Hulu original ever on premiere day, including all seasons of The Handmaid’s Tale and more.
- Disney has also begun adding Hotstar Specials and select Bollywood content to Hulu, with ESPN+ becoming the U.S. streaming home for live cricket events.