Earlier today the Disney Parks Blog shared a little bit about the maintenance and refurbishment efforts taking place at the Magic Kingdom ahead of the 50th anniversary of the park, and Walt Disney World as a whole, on October 1st.
- Take one look at Magic Kingdom Park these days, and you can tell something really special is about to happen. Cast Members are putting a lot of love and investment into this magical place recently, refurbishing and repainting beloved attractions like Jungle Cruise and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, adding brighter and more dimensional colors to fan-favorite areas, and—of course—adorning the park and Cinderella Castle with breathtaking EARidescent décor.
- In true Disney fashion, the details make all the difference. Walking the park for your day of fun and adventure, you may not even notice the colorful variegated gold adorning your favorite areas, the enhanced marquees shining throughout the park, or even the hand-painted murals added to the facades in Adventureland and Fantasyland. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel looks absolutely stunning, with true gold accents and the ornate railing being restored to its original opening day glory.
- An incredibly symbolic gold leaf detail of the “5” and “0” on the “it’s a small world” clock tower has been added and it’s ever so slight but represents so much just in time for the World’s Most Magical Celebration.
- These subtle features are everywhere—on the rooftops, in the concrete and everywhere in between—just look and you may find your new favorite spot.
- Preparing for The World’s Most Magical Celebration has clearly inspired cast members and Imagineers to pull out all the stops, and the 50th magic extends to all four of the theme parks as the celebration draws near.