- Hulu has released the official trailer for the documentary film JACINTA about a woman who’s been in and out of the system for years and is struggling to overcome addiction.
- The film is set to premiere on the streamer and select theatres on October 8th.
- Along with the trailer, Hulu shared a new poster for the documentary which highlights its recent film festival awards.
- “Filmed for over three years, JACINTA begins at the Maine Correctional Center where Jacinta, 26, and her mother Rosemary, 46, are incarcerated together, both recovering from drug addiction. As a child, Jacinta became entangled in her mother's world of drugs and crime and has followed her in and out of the system since she was a teenager. This time, as Jacinta is released from prison, she hopes to maintain her sobriety and reconnect with her own daughter, Caylynn, 10, who lives with her paternal grandparents.
- Despite her desire to rebuild her life for her daughter, Jacinta continually struggles against the forces that first led to her addiction. With unparalleled access and a gripping vérité approach, director Jessica Earnshaw paints a deeply intimate portrait of mothers and daughters and the effects of trauma over generations.”
- Directed and produced by Jessica Earnshaw.
- Produced by Holly Meehl and Nimisha Mukerji.
- Executive Producers include:
- Dan Cogan
- Jenny Raskin
- Geralyn White Dreyfous
- Regina K. Scully
- Patty Quillin
- Jamie Wolf
- JACINTA is an Endeavor Pictures Production in association with Lunamax Films and Shotglass Productions.