Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King released back in 2019, and today, Nighthawk Interactive announced a new version which includes even more retro games like the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin game, The Jungle Book, and more.
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King released back in 2019, bringing modern features to the classic games like rewind, saving, and behind-the-scenes looks at their creations.
- Nighthawk Interactive is bringing the classic collection back with even more games included, and more looks behind-the-scenes.
- The Disney Classic Games Collection will be released in a special collection for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 9th and is available to pre-order starting today.
- If you want to learn more, you can check out Kyle’s review of some of the games featured in the collection.
What If I Purchased the Original Collection:?
- Fans who had purchased the original collection back in 2019 will be able purchase “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin” DLC Pack on their specific console/PC online store which will include all the additional content available in the new release for $9.99.
The New Disney Classic Games Collection Features:
- Exclusive to Physical: Every physical version will come with one of four random retro style manuals for Aladdin [Sega Genesis], Aladdin [Super Nintendo Entertainment System],The Lion King, and The Jungle Book.
- The Expanded Collection: For the first time, play through multiple different versions of the beloved Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions.
- BOTH 16-Bit Console Aladdin Games: By popular demand and for the first time since their original releases, the Sega Genesis Aladdin AND Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin games are available and enhanced together for modern consoles.
- Classic Gaming on Modern Display: This one-of-a-kind collection brings the cherished retro 16-bit gaming to modern displays with 1080P graphics and enhancements. Players can adjust screen aspect ratios and borders, and even go old school with custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs.
- Modern Features: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time to retry difficult areas. View full game playthroughs with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point, and quickly save your progress and continue the adventure wherever and whenever you want.
- Interactive Museum: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these cherished games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for all games with the ability to repeat and shuffle songs. Enjoy 16-bit versions of classic songs such as “A Whole New World,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” and “The Bare Necessities!”.
The Disney Classic Games Collection is available to pre-order starting today and will release on November 9.