A couple weeks ago, Star Wars video game fans were thrilled by the announcement of a full-fledged remake of the beloved 2003 role-playing video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, coming to PlayStation 5 sometime in the future. But now gamers who want to revisit the original version of the game will have a chance to play it on Nintendo Switch when it arrives on that popular platform this November.
- The original version of the acclaimed 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to Nintendo Switch on Thursday, November 11.
- This release will be separate from the Knights of the Old Republic remake currently in development for the PlayStation 5.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was originally released for Xbox, but has since been ported to PC, macOS, iOS, and Android phones.
- Knights of the Old Republic is described as “A Star Wars epic set in the untouched era before the rise of the Empire, filled with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets” and “A deep RPG experience with customizable characters and meaningful choices that impact the story, your squad, and even yourself.”
- The game offers players the opportunity to wield their own lightsaber and harness the power of the Force with over 40 different abilities. You’ll visit eight enormous and iconic Star Wars worlds, including Tatooine and Kashyyyk, aboard your own unique starship, the Ebon Hawk.
What they’re saying:
- Nintendo: “Four thousand years before the Galactic Empire, hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith and you are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force and save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side?”