In recognition of Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, ELLE is turning the spotlight on real life heroines who share the values of courage and kindness, much like Disney's beloved princesses. The Modern Heroines series kicked off last month and now ELLE is focusing on two additional trailblazers.
- As part of the “Modern Heroines” campaign, ELLE and Disney focusing on real-life heroes and heroines who embody the courage and kindness of the beloved Disney Princess characters.
- Available now online and featured in the October 2021 issue, ELLE will profile two new “Modern Heroines” who are working to inspire people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- The second group featured includes:
- Naomi Osaka (Mulan): The Powerful Athlete
- Josie Totah (Jasmine): The Spirited Trailblazer
- In addition to these Modern Heroines, new profiles will launch monthly through April 2022. So stay tuned!
Modern Heroines on their Favorite Princesses:
- Naomi Osaka on Mulan: “She saved people rather than waiting to be saved.”
- Josie Totah on Jasmine: “Getting to see myself [in Jasmine], who has a little bit darker hair, a little bit more melanin, was amazing and made me feel proud. She’s a Middle Eastern queen.”
Other Modern Heroines:
- ELLE’s “Modern Heroines” series launched in August during World Princess Week. The first group of heroines profiled include:
- Eva Longoria (Jasmine): The Generous Multihyphenate
- Misty Copeland (Belle): The Graceful Dancer
- Amanda Nguyen (Mulan): The Brave Justice-Seeker
- Padma Lakshmi (Tiana): The Tenacious Foodie