Shawn Simmons has signed on to write a new untitled thriller for 20th Century Studios, with Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick also on to produce, according to Deadline.
- 20th Century Studios acquired the rights to the yet-untitled-film, which Deadline describes as “an irreverent high-speed thriller that follows a former teenage getaway driver who is dragged back into her unsavory past when a previous employer offers her the chance to save the life of her chronically unreliable ex-boyfriend.”
- Simmons is the creator and executive producer of the Amazon/Endeavor Content series Wayne, which Reese and Wernick also executive produce.
- Reese and Wernick are also known for writing and producing Deadpool, Zombieland and 6 Underground.
More from 20th Century Studios:
- 20th Century Studios has revealed character posters featuring some of the stars of the upcoming Ridley Scott Film, The Last Duel.
- We got to see a bit more of Steven Spielberg’s upcoming West Side Story in a new trailer that dropped during the live broadcast of the 73rd Emmys on CBS.
- Asad Ayaz, President of Marketing for The Walt Disney Studios, took to Twitter recently to announced that The Bob’s Burgers Movie will be coming to theaters next Memorial Day weekend.
- 20th Century Studios has released a new trailer and poster for Ron’s Gone Wrong, coming to theaters October 22, 2021.