The day after Aladdin The Musical returned to the Broadway stage, a performance of the popular musical was cancelled due to positive COVID-19 tests within the company of the production.
Aladdin The Musical has cancelled all shows from now through October 10th due to their recent positive COVID-19 tests. The official Twitter account of the show shared the news:
- The official Twitter account of Aladdin the Musical has tweeted that the Broadway Production of Aladdin will resume performances tonight, Thursday, September 30th at 7:00 PM ET at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- The official account for Aladdin The Musical on Broadway has shared that tonight’s performance of the show (September 29th) has been cancelled.
- The tweet shared by Aladdin The Musical cites breakthrough cases of COVID-19 detected within the company of the production as the reason for the cancellation.
- Aladdin the Musical returned to the stage at the New Amsterdam Theatre for the first time since March of 2020 only last night, September 28th.
- Earlier today, Genie performer Michael James Scott and several other cast members, as well as some of the cast from The Lion King and Frozen surprised the ladies of The View with a medley of songs from their productions.
- According to the Tweet, all tickets for this performance will be refunded at the original point of purchase, and more about the status of future performances will be announced tomorrow.
- If you purchased via Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster via Phone/App or the Disney on Broadway Hotline: your refund is being processed, and your credit card will be refunded automatically within 30 days. For any issues, please contact Ticketmaster via My Account (http://my.ticketmaster.com/account).
- If you purchased at the Box Office and have digital tickets: Submit your request via http://aladdinthemusical.com/refundexchange. You will be able to request an exchange of your tickets for an alternate date of your choice, subject to availability, or you can receive a full refund to the original method of payment.
- If you purchased at the Box Office and have paper tickets: Please return them to the New Amsterdam Theater Box Office. If you are not able to visit the box office due to closure or personal schedule, you may mail physical tickets to the address below.
- If you purchased tickets as part of a Group: Please contact your Group Sales Agent for more information regarding refunds or exchanges. Please retain your original tickets until you speak with the Group Sales Agent.
- If you purchased tickets through any other licensed sales channel (including, but not limited to, Broadway.com, Broadway Inbound, Entertainment Benefits Group, TodayTix, TKTS, etc.): please return to the original point of purchase for more information regarding refunds or exchanges. If you have your tickets in hand, please retain them for a refund or exchange.
- At this time, the cancellation only affects tonight’s performance, updates regarding future performances are expected tomorrow, September 30th.