It may be hard to believe but the release of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Encanto is now less than two months away. With that in mind, this morning, the studio released a new trailer for the film
- Following a teaser that debuted earlier this summer, Walt Disney Animation Studios just premiered a new trailer for the upcoming movie.
- In the trailer, we get a peek at some of Mirabel’s family’s magical gifts — including their magical, musical casita.
- Of course, we also meet a few of the friends that will help Mirabel save the day.
- Encanto features a cast that includes Stephanie Beatriz, María Cecilia Botero, Angie Cepeda, Wilmer Valderrama and many more.
- Plus, as announced today, actor John Leguizamo has joined the voice cast, playing Bruno.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda penned all new songs for the feature, which is directed by Byron Howard and Jared Bush with Charise Castro Smith co-directing.
- A new poster for the film was also revealed:
- Disney’s Encanto will arrive in theatres this Thanksgiving.
- “Encanto tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel. But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope.”
What They’re Saying:
- John Leguizamo on his role: “I was so pumped to be asked to the party. Lin-Manuel [Miranda] wrote me a rap, and I flipped out! Plus, this is such a beautiful story set in Colombia. It's a first in so many ways. The magic is enchanting, the comedy is so sharp, and the world created is irresistible.”