Disney has found both a writer and a director for their upcoming Sister Act 3. Tim Federle has been brought on to direct while Madhuri Shekar will pen the script, according to Deadline.
- The third installment in the Sister Act franchise was announced back in December along with the Hocus Pocus sequel.
- Whoopi Goldberg will reprise her role has Deloris, the nightclub singer turned nun, and will also produce the pic along with Tyler Perry.
- Tom Leonardis is also on to produce the film.
- The original 1992 film was a huge success and led to a sequel in 1993.
- Details for the third film are unknown at this time.
- Federle’s past credits include creating and executive producing High School Musical:The Musical: The Series, directing the upcoming Disney+ feature Better Nate Than Ever and co-writing the animated film Ferdinand.
- Shekar’s credits include writing the 2020 Amazon/Blumhouse feature Evil Eye, the Netflix adaptation of The Three Body Problem and the HBO fantasy epic The Nevers.