Guests to the Grand Theater of Disney’s Hollywood Studios are treated to a new brand of Muppet hijinks when they see an extended peek at the new Muppets Haunted Mansion during the MuppetVision 3D Pre-Show.
- Visitors to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will notice a bit of a change for the time being when they go to enjoy the classic MuppetVision 3D attraction at the park.
- The classic, highly-quotable pre-show to the attraction that normally features a cacophony of Muppet characters getting ready for the presentation in the next room is now edited down and treats visitors to an extended preview of the upcoming Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+.
- The new pre-show features some of the classic MuppetVision 3D pre-show, but then is interrupted by Pepe the King Prawn who showcases the trailer for the new special coming straight to Disney+ on October 8th.
- After implying that the audience wants to see more footage of him in the special, and explaining that his mother feels the same way, Pepe introduces another scene from Muppets Haunted Mansion featuring himself, Gonzo, and Ghost Host Will Arnett as they enter the Haunted Mansion and into the famous Stretching Room with all the portraits that Gonzo even points out, look quite familiar.
- In the special, Gonzo will take on his greatest challenge ever, spending a night in the Haunted Mansion.
- Muppets Haunted Mansion will feature special appearances from Chrissy Metz (as Harriet), Alfonso Ribeiro (as Fred), Edward Asner (as Claude), Jeannie Mai (as Maude), Danny Trejo (as Huet), Sasheer Zamata (as Mary), Craig Robinson (as Bust), Skai Jackson (as Bust), Pat Sajak (as Bust), Geoff Keighley (as Bust), Justina Machado (as Bust), John Stamos (as Himself) and Kim Irvine (as Haunted Mansion Maid).
- “The Great Gonzo – world famous daredevil artiste, has done it all, seen it all, and survived it all. But on Halloween night, the fearless Gonzo takes on the greatest challenge of his life by spending one very daring night in the most grim grinning place on Earth …The Haunted Mansion. Inspired by all four of the iconic Disney Haunted Mansion attractions located across the globe at various Disney Parks, the "Muppets Haunted Mansion" includes many hidden easter eggs for Disney fans and "Muppet-ized" sets and props that help immerse viewers in the storytelling experience.”
- Muppets Haunted Mansion premieres on October 8, 2021, on Disney+.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning