USJ LLC and The Pokémon Company announced a new collaborative partnership between the two entertainment leaders. Universal Studios Japan and The Pokémon Company will enter a long-term partnership to jointly explore groundbreaking entertainment that will immerse guests into the world of Pokémon with innovative technology and creativity beginning in 2022.
- It appears Pikachu and friends will be making their way to Universal Studios Japan in the future.
- No word has been given yet in regards to exactly what kind of Pokemon experiences we can expect to see at Universal Studios Japan.
- This news comes just about a week after Universal Studios Japan announced that a Donkey Kong-themed expansion would be coming to their recently-opened Super Nintendo World in 2024.
What they’re saying:
- J.L. Bonnier, President and CEO, USJ LLC: “Pokémon is beloved by fans around the world. We are honored to have a long-term partnership with The Pokémon Company while developing groundbreaking Pokémon entertainment at Universal Studios Japan for both Pokémon fans and our guests. The globally popular Pokémon characters combined with Universal’s innovative approach to creating authentic and one-of-a-kind theme park entertainment promise excitement for the entire family. Our efforts to develop new guest experiences will continue to help reinvigorate the tourism market.”
- Tsunekazu Ishihara, President and CEO, The Pokémon Company: “The incredible team at Universal Studios Japan have the creative vision and leading expertise in world-class theme park technology to imagine a uniquely Pokémon experience. For 25 years, Pokémon has curated a legacy of trendsetting innovation while becoming one of the most beloved entertainment brands in the world through video games, animation, and more. This strategic alliance with Universal Studios Japan reflects our commitment to continue delivering the joy of Pokémon in ever evolving ways for years to come. We are looking forward to the day when we can welcome fans from around the world to all enjoy it together.”