A new legal drama is under development at ABC, being written and executive produced by Bill Chais (a former public defender) and Pat Cunnane (who was President Barack Obama’s Senior Writer and Deputy Director of Messaging at the White House).
- According to Deadline, this untitled ABC legal drama will be executive produced by the Black Sails duo of Jonathan E. Steinberg and Dan Shotz, as well as Warren Littlefield via The Littlefield Company.
- This is the second series collaboration between Steinberg, Shotz and Littlefield; they also executive produce FX on Hulu’s upcoming drama series The Old Man, which stars Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow and Amy Brenneman.
- The synopsis for this upcoming drama is as follows: “In the Untitled North Carolina Governor project, a brash Bronx public defender comes to North Carolina to reform a dysfunctional, seriously underfunded criminal justice system, putting him on a collision course with the tough-on-crime governor, when, desperate and out of options, he invokes an arcane law that can compel any attorney to serve as defense counsel in criminal trials… and assigns the first case to the governor herself, an attorney in good standing.”
More from ABC:
- Shark Tank has returned for its 13th season on ABC, and our own Kyle Burbank gives a review of the season premiere.
- Disney Parks fans have a new reason to check Disney+, as the “The Most Magical Story on Earth: 50 Years of Walt Disney World” special that recently aired on ABC is now on the streaming platform.