Walt Disney Animation Studios has promoted two longtime veterans to new positions within the studios, both in Marketing and Publicity, according to Variety.
- It has been reported that Amy Astley and Mandesa Tindal, both veterans of the Walt Disney Animation Studios, have been promoted to new positions at the studio.
- Astley has been promoted to Senior VP of Publicity and Communications, Creative Legacy and Brand Strategy, and Tindal is now the VP of Marketing and Franchise. The two report to the president of Walt Disney Animation Studios, currently Clark Spencer.
- For 23 years, Tindal has been with the Walt Disney Company and her new role will see her serving as the bridge between Disney Animation and productions teams throughout the Walt Disney Company, working to “maximize the success of new releases, franchises and legacy films in products, experiences and marketing campaigns globally.”
- Tindal started her career at Disney at Buena Vista Distribution and has worked in various marketing teams at the Walt Disney Studios before joining the Walt Disney Animation Studios in 2015, where she served as Director of Marketing and Franchise.
- Astley’s new role has her overseeing publicity and communications, digital, internal communications, unscripted and documentary content, and brand strategy. She will also oversee the iconic Animation Research Library, and partner with Walt Disney Imagineering, parks and resorts on attractions and experiences based on Walt Disney Animation Studios IP, overseeing the creative legacy.
- She has over 20 years under her belt at the Walt Disney Company, where she started in 1999 at Touchstone Television, before moving into a role as a publicist at Buena Vista International Television and ABC. She then headed over to Walt Disney Animation Studios in 2012, where she was the Director of Publicity, moving up and eventually into her new role, having worked on campaigns for Frozen, Big Hero 6, Moana, Zootopia and the upcoming Encanto.