The tallest roller coaster at Knott’s Berry Farm, Xcelerator, has recently received a brand new paint color scheme that has added a lot more variety of colors to the track.
- Xcelerator is a 1950s themed roller coaster at Knott’s Berry Farm that will accelerate you from 0 to 82 miles per hour in 2.3 seconds. This coaster will transport its riders to a height of 205 feet, before completing two hairpin turns.
- The coaster first opened in 2002 with a teal and reddish-pink color scheme.
- With its recent refurbishment, the track is now painted in various different colors, from red to yellow to black, resembling a fiery drag strip.
Hop on in and hold on tight! Our '57 Chevys are ready to go in style on the newly repainted Xcelerator! So slick back your hair and grab your leather jacket; these cars are leaving the station for a 0-82 mph journey through 2,202 feet of track. #knotts
📸 : @knotts_network pic.twitter.com/pnzx2jiplb
— Knott's Berry Farm (@knotts) January 6, 2022
- Twitter user Attractions 360° has some more photos of the fantastic new color scheme for Xcelerator:
— Attractions 360° (@SoCal360) December 27, 2021
More from Knott’s Berry Farm:
- Knott’s Berry Farm has announced that their oldest roller coaster, Montezooma’s Revenge, will close this Monday, January 10th, for a major refurbishment.
- The Knott's Peanuts Celebration invites guests to step into the iconic world of Charles M. Schulz comic strips as the characters take over the entire theme park with special activities for everyone, now taking place daily beginning January 22nd through March 6th.
- An exciting rumor has come to light in the world of roller coasters, that Knott’s Berry Farm may possibly be receiving a brand new roller coaster, but not just any new coaster. If plans stay as they are now, Knott’s could be receiving the world’s tallest giga coaster!