Late last year, Disneyland announced plans for many of its beloved nighttime spectaculars to return. Now, we finally know exactly when favorites such as World of Color, Fantasmic! the Main Street Electrical Parade, and others will return — and have also received a sneak peek at an update to MSEP.
- Today, the Disneyland Resort announced return dates for several nighttime spectaculars
- Here’s the current schedule
- The Main Street Electrical Parade: April 22nd, 2022
- Disneyland Forever fireworks: April 22nd, 2022
- World of Color: April 22nd, 2022
- Fantasmic!: May 28th, 2022
- Note that Disneyland Forever fireworks will run Friday through Sunday while a projections-only version of Mickey’s Mix Magic will perform during the week until late spring, with Disneyland Forever going nightly this summer.
- World of Color and Fantasmic! will return to their regular schedule upon reopening.
Main Street Electrical Parade Grand Finale:
- When The Main Street Electrical Parade does return to Disneyland park, it will feature an all-new grand finale that “celebrates the theme of togetherness.”
- The finale takes inspiration from the original design of the Main Street Electrical Parade floats as well as Disney Legend Mary Blair’s iconic art style on “it’s a small world”
- It also features dozens of Disney Animation and Pixar characters, many of which will be seen as animated dolls.
- From the Disney Parks Blog: “As the new grand finale passes by, guests along each side of the parade route will see a different set of stylized scenes from classic and contemporary favorite stories such as Encanto, The Jungle Book, Raya and the Last Dragon, Aladdin, Coco, Mulan, Brave, The Princess and the Frog, and more.
- In addition to the new concept art above, the Parks Blog also released a look at the float featuring Encanto
- From the Blue Fairy to a colorful, unique representation of Sleeping Beauty Castle, the grand finale of the Main Street Electrical Parade comprises seven segments stretching 118 feet in length, making it one of the longest and grandest units in the parade’s 50-year history.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning