The highly anticipated drones of the new Disney D-Light pre show during Disneyland Paris’ 30th anniversary celebration have made their grand debut in the night sky as the anniversary festivities kicked off this weekend.
- Back in January, it was announced that as part of the 30th anniversary of Disneyland Paris a new preshow to the popular Disney’s Illuminations fireworks show would debut featuring drone technology called “Disney D-Light.”
- The time has come, and the drones have taken flight as promised, forming a glowing replica of the 30th anniversary logo for the celebration in the sky and other fun shapes that wow the crowd below.
- Ahead of Disney Illuminations, the drones take flight and are revealed during the Disney D-Light preshow, but as the nighttime spectacular begins, the show takes place as we know it. However, after the show, the drones return for a special post show that also plays the new anthem for the 30th anniversary celebration.
- The fountains surrounding Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant also spring to life during the Disney’s D-Light, adding more kinetic energy and fun while all the eyes in the crowd look skyward toward the floating lights.
- The preshow also includes music — a take on the 30th anniversary theme “Un monde qui s’illumine” — recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London. Take a look at both times the drones take flight in the video below:
- While a drone show previously appeared at Disney Springs in 2016, this will be the first time such technology has been used on a nightly basis in a Disney Park — or as Disneyland Paris stated even more specifically in its press release, “It will be the first time a Disney Park uses the drone technology as part of a daily outdoor show above its Castle.”
- The drones were designed with the assistance of Bordeaux-based Dronisos.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning