According to Deadline, Hocus Pocus 2 has set a record for streaming minutes by a movie on Nielsen’s weekly chart, drawing more than 2.7 billion minutes of viewing from September 26th to October 2nd.
- As Hocus Pocus premiered on September 30th, that means only its first weekend counted towards the 2.7 billion total.
- Hocus Pocus 2, which stars Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker, easily beat the previous streaming movie mark set by Disney’s Oscar-winning animated feature Encanto. It had 2.2 billion minutes of viewing from December 27th, 2021, through January 2nd, 2022.
- The audience for Hocus Pocus 2, a followup to the 1993 original movie reuniting the trio of lead actresses, was pretty widely spread out, with the 2-to-11-year-old, 18-to-34 and 35-to-49 age groups each accounting for one-quarter of viewing, according to Nielsen. About 21% of viewing came in Hispanic homes.
- With the sequel arriving, the original Hocus Pocus also made the chart, collecting 774 million minutes of streaming on Disney+, putting it at seventh place.
- Check out Alex’s review of Hocus Pocus 2, which is now available to stream on Disney+.
More Disney+ News:
- Disney+ has debuted a new trailer and key art for the upcoming Original series The Santa Clauses.
- It’s double trouble on Dancing With The Stars when the nine remaining couples perform an all-new routine and participate in a terrifying team dance on Halloween Night on October 31st.
- Production is underway in Poland on German House, a new drama focusing on a young interpreter at the first Auschwitz trial in 1963, coming soon to Disney+.
Halloween 2022 coverage is presented by shopDisney
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now