Construction continues to chug along on the Journey of Water walk-through attraction and CommuniCore Hall, coming soon to EPCOT. Since we last checked in, vertical construction on the new CommuniCore Hall building has come pretty far along, while detail work is going in over at Journey of Water.
- The central area between Journey into Imagination and the Creations Shop will soon be home to CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza.
- We can see here that vertical construction has been coming along, and the building surrounding the pre-existing restrooms will soon be enclosed.
- CommuniCore Hall will host festival programming and will be built to include exhibition space, a demonstration kitchen, a mixology bar, and more.
- The Hall will also have a meet and greet location known simply as Mickey and Friends.
- Back outside, CommuniCore Plaza will “have the flexibility to host intimate musical performances that extend out into the nearby gardens, as well as large-scale concerts.”
- Journey of Water will open in late 2023, inviting guests to follow the story of water on the planet, inspired by Moana’s connection to the ocean.
- The attraction, a walk-through exploration trail, will invite guests to meet and play with magical, living water. Just like in the ocean (as seen in Moana), the water will have a personality all its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way.
- Below we can see some tree-like structures and rockwork forming, including Moana’s iconic spiral design.